What should you do the night before a move?
Pre-Move Activities - December 15, 2019
Everyone who has ever gone through the tough relocation process can tell you a simple truth: relocation does not start the night before a move. It is a project of sorts. It takes time, effort, planning, money… It has many moving parts. Many essential parts. In essence, it has a lot that can go wrong. For this reason, it is absolutely crucial that you have everything properly planned out weeks or even months beforehand.
But when it is all said and done. When only one night separates you from d day – what do you do then? Well, we have some advice on that particular matter.
Check the essentials the night before a move
Being paranoid and constantly afraid that something will go wrong and that you have forgotten something is not a healthy thing to be while moving to Massachusetts… or anywhere else for that matter. However, you will find that it is good to doubt yourself just enough to check everything at least one more time. Have you packed everything you need?
Don’t go through all the stuff, just those that are absolutely essential. Those like:
- Toiletries and personal hygiene – possible the most thing to do the night before a move is to make sure you have your personal hygiene packed and ready and near you at all times during the move. That is not something you want to be packed in a box. It should be with you at all times during the move.
- Home appliances – definitely not something you will have in your backpack or a bag, but something quite essential nonetheless. Home appliances, meaning mostly kitchen appliances here, are very important in making your new house/apartment functional. The living room is the main room of the house and the bedroom is probably the dearest, but without a functional kitchen, nobody is getting very far.
- Bedroom items – If you going to sleep surrounded by a familiar setting the night before a move – you have done something wrong. Bedroom items are among the first ones to be unpacked. Therefore, have them packed and ready.
- Documents – You should not go anywhere without them. Be it that they are business or personal, be sure to know where they are at all times.
- Medicine – Check the labels before packing these and make sure to stay on schedule if you are taking any. You will sleep better knowing these are packed.
Go through the plans one more time
Before going to sleep, you should also check the plans your moving team will be implementing tomorrow.
No reason to stress too much, just a basic check. The parking, the route in the house and the one you will be taking tomorrow. It is for your peace of mind, not for any planning purpose.s
Get some rest
And, finally, there is one more thing to do. It is by far the most important thing to do the night before a move is to get some sleep. You want to be well-rested for what awaits you tomorrow!