What is the cost of cleaning your household?
Employing Moving Experts - August 12, 2019
Doing all that hideous household chores isn’t anybody’s favorite. Outsourcing cleaning doesn’t just take the stress away, but it can significantly improve the quality of life. It is proven that by hiring housekeepers to clean your home, you can eventually be happier. It will allow you to spend more time on valuable things like family and work. Many research suggests prioritizing time over money, especially in these times of fast living. On the other hand, everyone wants to minimize their cost and to spend as little money as possible. The price of housekeeping services depends on a wide variety of things. That includes a place where you live, who do you hire and what do you want them to do. In this article, we will introduce you to the factors which affect the cost of cleaning your household.
The cost of cleaning your household depends on the types of house cleaning
Before you ask for moving quotes Massachusetts, let’s get familiar with the types of house cleaning and the services they include.
- Standard cleaning: As you can presume, standard cleaning includes vacuuming, dusting, sweeping, mopping and tidying up. The cost of cleaning your household is the lowest in this case.
- Deep cleaning: This type of house cleaning includes removing a deeper level of dirt and grime in the bathrooms and other areas. Deep cleaning can also include cleaning windows, refrigerators and other hard-approachable areas.
- After-event cleaning: It includes a full cleanup after an event. It often includes living space cleanup, cleaning dirty dishes and taking out the trash.
- Move-out cleaning: This service is convenient if you’re moving out of your home. It includes a full cleaning of walls, cabinets and other areas you haven’t cleaned recently.
How to pick the type of cleaning and lower the cost of cleaning your household?
Depending on the needs, sometimes you may not know which type of house cleaning to pick. Hiring local Massachusetts movers can definitely help. Anyway, pre-event cleaning can help you to get your house into shape before a major event. Besides, post-event cleanup can help you get your house back in shape after a party. For your annual cleaning or post-home remodeling, deep house cleaning is a good choice. Finally, move-in or move-out cleaning offers a great return on investment by enabling you to get your deposit back. The cost of cleaning your household will be lower if the cleaning work is less intensive. Anyhow, a standard house cleaning is always the least expensive and move-out or deep cleaning are usually the most expensive.
Which factors affect the cost of cleaning your household?
There are several ways that house cleaning services charge the cleaning. Cleaning is charged per room or hour, or it is based on square footage. Most professional cleaning companies will quote a final rate after performing a cleaning. So, here is the cost of cleaning your household.
Price per square foot
As previously mentioned, some house cleaning companies charge by the square foot. The more footage is to be cleaned, the price will be higher. The cleaning company may charge different rates depending on the type of cleaning service they provide.
Price per bedroom
In case the cleaning company bases its rates on the number of rooms, the room count will matter. Therefore, the total cleaning cost will vary depending on you having a two-bedroom house or a studio. The number of bedrooms can often indicate how clean or dirty your house might be. If you have rooms that you don’t use regularly, you can exclude them from detailed cleaning. Negotiate with your house cleaners to give you a lower price for that kind of room. They only need to be vacuumed and dusted from time to time.
When it comes to cleaning the bathroom, having more bathrooms will increase the overall cleaning cost. A typical bathroom cleaning includes mopping, sweeping, scrubbing the sink and disinfecting the toilet and the toilet bowl. Compared to bedrooms, some cleaning companies charge even more for additional bathrooms.
The cost of cleaning your household can be charged by the hour
If you make a deal with the cleaning company, they can charge an hourly rate based on the number of cleaners. Charging an hourly rate means the price can vary from visit to visit. The price depends on how dirty your house is that particular week. Many house cleaning companies provide a walk-through before you hire them. That allows them to give you an estimate of the cost of their services, whether weekly or monthly.
How to pick between a cleaning company and an individual house cleaner depending on the cost of cleaning your household?
When it comes to cleaning companies, they usually have standardized pricing models and they are likely to be insured. On the other hand, individual house cleaners often charge less. Therefore, you may decide that the trust of working with a company is worth paying more. It’s just like choosing an experienced moving company – reliability is what matters!
The advantages of cleaning companies
Most of the larger companies have uniforms for their staff. They also have company vehicles and standard procedures when cleaning a client’s home. They also sign written contracts with clients. A larger cleaning company often has more services such as scheduling via an application. For many people, all of this is enough to pay a higher cost of cleaning your household.
Here are some tips on how to hire a reliable and efficient house cleaner
- Start with hiring a licensed company. Make sure the company is legally registered to operate.
- Choose a cleaning company that is insured. Protect yourself in case of damage or theft.
- Ask around for referrals. The best way to do so is to ask friends who have recently had experience with the cleaning company.
- Make a call to the cleaning company. Ask them about the cost of cleaning your household.
- Compare prices of different cleaning companies. Pay attention to the companies that offer a wildly low price. This might be a sign of fraud.
- Search for client reviews. Follow up with references from previous customers.
Are you ready?
We hope you’ve found this article useful for calculating the cost of cleaning your household. Anyway, bear in mind that saving your precious time is more important than saving money. You don’t have to do it all by yourself if you hire professionals. Now, you can get started!