Moving nationwide as a parent
Uncategorized - November 14, 2019
Moving nationwide as a parent is never easy. You need to think about the best decisions for both yourself and your children. It is safe to say that your move should be twice as stressful when you are moving with your family compared to moving on your own. Fortunately for you, we have prepared a short guide with tips and tricks to help you with this issue. We hope that you will find it helpful!
How to cope with moving nationwide as a parent?
First and foremost, you need to realize that there is a lot of work ahead of you. Choosing between moving companies, organizing your children, packing, etc, are only some of the things you need to worry about. Thus, you should do the following:
- Organize well. Your organization needs to be perfect. Why? Well, in most cases, your children will need your full attention during the move. Thus it is imperative that you organize well. Moreover, you need to think about their needs before your own. Good organization will help you deal with issues like there. Furthermore, it will make your stressful move much easier for all of you.
- Understand that you are not alone. This is the most important part. Even if you moved more than 20 times during your life alone, moving as a parent is completely different. All of us have some common reasons for relocation, but relocating with children is something else entirely. Always make sure that your children are happy and satisfied and you’ll have a much easier time with your move.
Keep this in mind:
While moving nationwide as a parent, you need to do a double job – as a mover and as a parent. Fortunately for you, there are some methods you can employ to make everything easier for you. Some professionals like movers Spencer know how to organize and arrange to move with children. You should contact the professionals anytime you might need help. Trust us, it is better to be safe than sorry, especially in situations like this one.
Another thing you should keep in mind before you move is to avoid all the bad ways to cut moving expenses. By this we mean that you are moving with children, after all, and that there will be additional costs to everything. Needless to say, you should focus on prioritizing your finances and there are several ways you can do it. For example, you should:
- Get an estimate. Check out some moving quotes Massachusetts and get a moving estimate. This will help a lot in the long run.
- Save up. Saving money to cover unplanned expenses might be the best option.
- Don’t consider a loan. This should be your last option, try to save up instead.
How to deal with moving nationwide with children?
This is by far the hardest task when your move is concerned. You need to realize that your kids will always be on the number one priority list during your move. There are several things you can do to make sure that your kids are happy. Here is a short list:
- Hire a babysitter. This might be the best option for you. You don’t want your children anywhere near while the movers are packing and loading your inventory. Children would get bored anyways and you would need to take care of them instead of helping your movers. The best thing to do is to hire a babysitter for a couple of hours while the packing is complete and pick them up before the move.
- Take care of the children yourself. Most people choose to do this, but we do not recommend it that much. You need to be there for the movers, but you can’t do two things at the same time. This requires a great deal of multitasking and it will be a long day.
- Ask relatives for help. Call some of your relatives to take care of the children for you while you are dealing with the move. This might be the second-best option, but you need to understand that children will not be happy if they are sitting in one place while the workers are “ridding” your house of furniture. Consider this option as well.
Children are usually not willing to spend a lot of time in one place, especially toddlers. However, you need to be there for them all the time. Moving nationwide as a parent is by no means an easy task. You need to test your planning and parenting skills. Moreover, you need to do them both at the same time. Fortunately for you, you can ask some professional movers to help you out. During their careers doing relocation services, they have experienced situations like this one – they can help you out. Consult with them and you should be fine.
In the end, you should also inform your children about what to expect. The moving day will be so boring for them and the move itself as well. They need to realize that it must be done, so try to “strike a deal” with them. Promise them something really nice if they behave and they will probably agree. Moreover, make the surprise very special for them in a way you think you should. Children are children, they can easily be “bought” to behave with some toys or a trip to an amusement park. Use this to your advantage when moving with children.
Also, consider asking for help when you need it. You need to realize that this might be too much for one person alone, so try asking your friends and family for help. Also, contact the professionals and see what they think about the entire situation. Make it easy for you.
All in all, moving nationwide as a parent is by no means an easy task. You need to do a lot of multitasking and you also need to be on a constant vigil. Fortunately for you, there are methods which can help you with this problem. Never hesitate to ask for help when you need it and everything will be fine. We hope that you found our short guide useful! Good luck!